Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Break It Down

Summer is officially here now and you all know what that means – it’s time for So You Think You Can Dance on Fox! I am totally addicted. I think it is because I can not dance at all. Not a lick. And it frustrates me because I have rhythm. I mean, I play the piano (poorly) and the violin pretty well. I can read music. I can awkwardly shake my chucky booty on a dance floor, but it looks so…bad. The ability to look graceful while moving was not something I was born with, nor do I ever see myself morphing into a ballerina.

My favorites on the show are always the break dancers. I tried to learn the running man in middle school and that was a big flop. Hell, I couldn’t even do the moonwalk when I was younger. This year, I have my eye on Hok, the Japanese guy raised in England. He was shafted last year – SHAFTED I tell you. The show doesn’t like break dancers though, so I am only going to give him 3 or 4 weeks until he gets the boot.

Last year, I was super excited when Benji won. He didn’t look like a traditional dancer, which is why I think I liked him so much. He gave me hope. Anyway, make fun of me if you want, but this is the only show I that is getting added to my TiVo list this summer. And if you have a problem with that – you suck.

3 comments:

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Consider this me Officially Making Fun.

JulieGong said...

I LOVE THIS SHOW. IF I could scream that at you I would because that is how much I love it!

I too am a Hok fan and it really is a shame he won't last too long because he accent is super wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I think I can dance. I am a fucking wonder.