Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Yo quiero my dog to live forever

The Taco Bell chihuahua died today. She was 15. Reading about her death made me unexpectedly sad. My awesome chihuahua/pug turned 15ish last Friday. She is a pound puppy, so I am not exactly sure how old she is but I think they might have overestimated her age. At least, I hope they did. She still gets around really well. I mean, I know she is old, but she doesn't act 15. Maybe it is just that I cannot fathom her dying any time soon. I have literally had dozens of nightmares about that since I got her. I am not ready for it. When I heard the news about Gidget (the Taco Bell dog), I had a little chat with Pint (my dog) and we've agreed that she is going to be just fine for at least another 2.5 years. So at least I don't have to worry about that for awhile yet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why 2 1/2? Pint is a feisty little bitch, I bet she has more in her.

Radioactive Tori said...

I was super sad when I heard that too. My dog will live forever, right? Because I don't think I could live without her.