I am shocked at how many people I know didn’t watch the Superbowl. What a bunch of losers. Here are my favorite ads for those of you who missed them.
6. Cash 4 Gold – Ed McMahon and M.C. Hammer, what a great combo. And what’s not funny about former celebrities having to sell off all their possessions?
5. Cheetos – This is how I live my life every day. I mean, who doesn’t sic pigeons on annoying valley girls. Although I will have nightmares about Chester Cheetah saying, “Give daddy a kiss,” for the rest of my life, it’s worth it to see that advertisers have finally stepped up their game again.
4. Bridgestone Tires – Mr. Potato Head. Enough said.
3. Hulu.com – Alec Baldwin is funny. No, I don’t watch 30 Rock because I don’t get NBC on my tv. But now, thanks to hulu.com, which I discovered thanks to Mr. Baldwin’s hilarious ad, I will be able to start watching The Office, 30 Rock, and all the other quality NBC shows I was missing. And no. Heroes is not a quality show.
2. Doritos – Can you think of a better use for a stupid snow globe??
1. Coke Zero – My hats off to you, Coca-Cola. This is a remake of their classic “Mean Joe Greene” commercial. And since I like anything retro, this obviously was going to be at the top of my list.