Friday, February 13, 2009

Dear Alexandra Patsavas

Dear Ms. Patsavas,

I have been hearing horrific rumors that everyone from the Jonas Brothers to Leona Lewis is going to be asked to create tracks for the New Moon soundtrack. I admire your work and I don't actually think you'd consider those artists, but I have to make it clear that asking any Disney artist to be associated with the next Twilight movie will really, really piss me off. The first movie was so successful, and I think a lot of that had to do with how awesome the soundtrack was. Actually, the soundtrack was what started my whole ridiculous obsession in the first place. Turning music in the sequel into fluff will alienate anyone over 15. (And yes, I realize I don't have enough work to do if I have enough time to read Internet rumors about the New Moon soundtrack.)

Anyway, here are my suggestions. I actually wanted "Monday" by Fair, but I couldn't find it anywhere so I added a different Fair song so you can hear what they sound like. And I don't really like Paramore, but that's about as far as I am willing to bend and they did a pretty good job with Twilight, so who knows? Maybe they'll write another new song for the movie and surprise me again.

Sincerely,
KaDonk





No comments: