Tuesday, November 16, 2010

When life hands you lemons, go camping

I decided last minute to go camping this weekend and I am super happy I did. It might have been wet and muddy, but it was worth it. Good food, good company, good times.
There wasn't much elevation gain, which made me think it wouldn't be too difficult but the trail wasn't in great shape and it pretty much kicked my ass.
The trail was soaking wet and probably one of the muddiest hikes I've ever been on.
This guy didn't seem to mind being around people at all.
I love the public cabin system in Alaska.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that porcupines are the cutest things in the history of cute things. I hope you cuddled that one. He looked like he needed a hug.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

That was a darn cute porcupine! I don't think I've ever seen one in real life. Camping is a great way to get away from it all. : )