Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Holy crap - a M. Night Shyamalan movie I actually want to see!!


I was reading about the new James Cameron movie, Avatar, this morning. Stories about this stupid film are all over the Internet today. I wanted to see what all the sci-fi freaks were going ape shit for but the trailer is not out until Friday, and even then only 'select' audiences will get to see it. But fortunately for me, Avatar: The Last Airbender has a very similar title and there are previews of that movie all over the web and surprise, surprise - the trailer actually looks GOOD. Plus, Dev Patel (that kid from Slumdog Millionaire) and Jackson Rathbone (I know, I know, enough with the Twishit - but it's hard to go cold turkey) are both part of the cast.

I don't get why Cameron is trying to be so secretive about his stupid alien movie. I never get why studios try to keep everything on lockdown. I am now way more excited about The Last Airbender than I am about your post-Titanic 3D alien shit. Sure, Sigourney Weaver is awesome and I will probably end up liking the movie. But you'd get a lot more people excited if you weren't so selective about who gets to see it. Plus, why would you bill your film as something that could 'change movie making forever'? Isn't that kind of setting yourself up for failure? Cuz I am expecting a LOT now and I would have been just plain excited about seeing a potentially good movie if you weren't hyping it up so GD much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally confused. Not only because I have not heard of either of these movies (not even sure if you are talking about two movies or one), but I thought that Harry Potter was the Chosen one who was going to bring balance to a world at war.

Michael5000 said...

If I didn't know better, I'd bet that the vast armada of extremely heavily armed warships could win against the athletic little boy.