Monday, July 21, 2008

Why so serious? Because Heath Ledger is dead, you idiot!!

I have liked Heath Ledger for years. I was a ‘movie critic’ for my college paper, and I found a review for The Four Feathers (2002) where this is what I said about Heath:

“Ledger, who took the role after Jude Law turned it down for A.I. Artificial Intelligence, does a prodigious job transforming his character from an affluent captain to a dilapidated nomad. Best known for his roles in The Patriot and A Knight's Tale, this role proves his most challenging and best delivered. Ledger's efforts do not save this movie from being mediocre though.”

Like most people, I went and saw Batman this weekend. And like most people, I was blown away by Heath Ledger’s performance. And after seeing almost every movie Ledger has ever been in, after seeing how immersed Ledger was in his characters, you get the sense that the Joker (and most likely his upcoming character in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus) definitely played a role in his death. And that sucks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not according to my bible, people magazine. It says that my buddy heath didnt let the role affect his personal life, and no one, I mean NO ONE, dares disagree with people.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

Nobody wants to admit that it might have. But you gotta wonder...