Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random DC

Last weekend I met up with my friend Vinu. I think we were going to see a movie. Anyway, she was driving and I started snapping pictures out the window since I'm not going to be around much longer and I don't really have any pictures of DC. Granted, taking pictures from a moving car is probably not the best way to document a city, but it was fun nonetheless. I've never lived anywhere like DC before. I don't think there are many cities I would have lasted in this long. If I could afford to live in downtown DC, northwest is definitely where I would have wanted to be.
Vinu almost ran over this guy and I snapped his picture right before he gave us the finger. Well, I can't be sure he gave us the finger because Vinu was going pretty fast at that point and by the time I turned around to look we were about 2 blocks away already...
Some random church I will never go to.
Ah, Georgetown. I must admit, the history of this place is impressive. I might not be an East Coast kind of gal, but I can still appreciate it.

3 comments:

minijonb said...

nice pix. i like the first one of the houses and the random guy with the cello case.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

I agree about DC - it isn't like any other city. Sometimes I get nostalgic about it and wished I was still there. Enjoy it!

5 of 9er said...

I have not been to DC in like 15 years... but have really enjoyed it each time I went. Not sure I could live there, but you never know until you try. No get outside and take more photos!