Friday, February 09, 2007

Shhh...

So, apparently I am pretty bad at keeping secrets, and I've got a whooper, so I thought I'd clue in all 5 of my fellow bloggers and spill the beans today. Basically, this is the only cool thing going on at my job right now and we're finally allowed to talk about it on Monday anyway, so I figure it can't hurt too much to tell y'all.

Okay, so here goes. During the Grammy's this weekend, there is going to be a (supposedly big) announcement about a huge Live-8-type concert called S.O.S. (Save OurSelves). Go ahead, google it. I can't find anything about it, so obviously there are a lot of people out there who really can keep a secret. Anyway, it's taking place on 7/7/07 and will be simultaneously broadcast in Sidney, Capetown, Kyoto, NYC, Rio de Janeiro, and some other cities I can never remember. The point of this concert? To raise awareness about global warming.

And what do I work on every day?

That’s right – I confront global warming on college and university campuses every day! So my organization is (keep your fingers crossed) partnering with the S.O.S. concert organizers. They are going to help us promote our Chill Out contest, which is no where near as cool as S.O.S., but we might have Jack Johnson do the soundtrack and Cameron Diaz host, which would be pretty sweet. It's all still up in the air but it's sounding more and more like it's going to happen. So again, keep your fingers crossed. And watch the Grammy's. And don't tell anyone that you heard it here first.

(And for the record, I am much better at keeping secrets for my friends. But then again, none of my friends have ever organized a concert that is trying to reach 2 billion - yes billion with a 'B' - people. I think I would be more inclined to keep my mouth shut if it meant helping out a friend. For example, I didn't tell Becca when her husband asked me to help him pick out an engagement ring. And man- that would have been one helluva reaction, I am sure! But I am not the one that ruined that secret. So please, feel free to confide in me. Seriously.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You can't keep secrets from me, honey bear. I am too damn sharp.

Anonymous said...

Global warming is a myth!