Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Things I Learned Over Thanksgiving:

1. I don’t like turkey. I have no idea why it’s taken me so long to realize that, but I am not a huge fan. I’ll take pork over poultry any day. And apparently I also like ‘gamy’ meat – venison, buffalo, pheasant. Anyone who says that shit isn’t amazing doesn’t know how to cook or hunt.

2. Packer games live are even better than Packer games on TV. And tailgating is my new favorite sport.

3. I am above average when it comes to weight gain over Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the average American only gains about 3 pounds over the entire holiday season. I am pretty sure I surpassed that in one meal. There is a reason I left the land of fried cheese and brats.

4. Blogging is only fun when it’s wasting time at work.

5. There are very few people that I even remember from high school much less want to hang out with when I am back in Milwaukee.

6. Somerset, PA – and all the surrounding rinkie-dink towns can kiss my ass. If I never experience holiday traffic in Pennsylvania again it will be too soon.

6 comments:

5 of 9er said...

#4. BINGO!!!! Best statement of the year!

JulieGong said...

#6 hurts my feelings.

The [Cherry] Ride said...

How did you spend time in both Milwaukee and Somerset,PA over the wekend?

Loaf said...

Turky is alright, but only really good when it's got a generous topping of cranberry sauce, then there's no limit to how much I'll wolf down!

ReckenRoll said...

Tailgating is also MY favorite sport!

*twins!*

Anonymous said...

I dont like stuffing. My mother just learned that this year and vowed never to make special veggie stuffing for me again. Serves HER right.