Friday, October 29, 2010

Evolution of Acceptance

Monday
9:07 a.m. - Go in for a ‘quick meeting’ and end up getting laid off. It was such a surprise to me that I didn’t cry or yell, which in hindsight is a good thing.

10:48 a.m. – Surprise! My boss sends out an all staff email letting everyone know. I really appreciated the whooping 101 minutes they gave me to absorb what was going on and let me process it.

Noonish – Decided I didn’t need to be at work anymore that day.

1:37 p.m. – Cried when I told my mom what happened.

3:02 p.m. – Read about 500 pages of The Help by Kathryn Stockett, which is really good.

5ish – Went for a 3-mile run. Not my fastest time ever, but it felt good.

7ish – Went out for a burger/MNF.

10:15 p.m. – My friend, Jorge, is in a hockey league and had a late game. I decided to go watch. He took a weird hit from the puck and fractured his foot, which took my mind off my day for about 30 minutes.

Tuesday

Slept until almost 10 a.m. Went out and bought a pack of cigarettes, a fifth of rum and a Papa Murphy’s pizza. Finished off all three. Got drunk enough to send this text message:

I know we haven’t really clicked, but it’s winter in Juneau so if you ever want to get together and just make out or whatever, let me know.

It totally worked.

Wednesday

Hungover and facing a trip to my office to box shit up, I have one of the vicodin Jorge got for his foot. I can see why Brett Pervre, er Favre, was addicted to that shit. It’s amazing.

Thursday

At some point in the day, I decide that Corn Nuts and Halloween candy are the way to go and eat nothing else all day. By the second commercial break during Grey’s Anatomy I have abused myself so completely that I throw up.

Friday

Wake up late, throw some shit in a bag and get to the airport just in time to board my flight to DC for the Rally! I think it is interested to note that my former employers sent out an email to all employees saying that they were forbidden to attend the Rally. What a bunch of douchebags. Thank God I am no longer working for them!


Update: Goddamnit motherfucking assmuching cocksucking sonofabitch! I knew this was going to happen. The piece of shit weather in Juneau sucks today and my flight was cancelled and I am not going to make the rally because I live in the shittiest fucking place on the planet. I cannot wait to get the fuck out of Juneau. New plan for the day: took a vicodin, ate some jalapeno poppers, bought enough rum, vodka and beer to supply an army and if I can remember my name by the end of the day then my whole life has lost it's meaning.

2 comments:

Ojibirish10 said...

Hmmm, I was sitting in Chipotle last night eating a burrito by myself, doing a little innocent journaling, when I suddenly thought of you. You should definitely move back home. I really like Corn Nuts. But seriously, what's Chipotle got that Qdoba doesnt'?

Anonymous said...

I like making out with people during the winter. I also like making out with people during the spring and summer. In fall I get a bit friskier.